Experience Mars aims to entertain and educate its users about the Red Planet though the power of Augmented Reality. This iOS App features 5 interactive augmented reality scenes and an 6 page companion booklet that is free to download and print. We plan on improving this App on a regular basis , so follow us on Twitter at @ExperienceMars for updates.
- Reveal Stats about Mars by rotating the planet in 3D space
- Compare Olympus Mons, the largest mountain in the solar system, to various Earthling Landmarks
- Learn about the Viking missions through a combination of video and animated 3D Models
- Drive the Spirt Rover to collect facts about the mission
- See what a Martian Settlement could look like by 2030
- Tweet screenshots directly from the App to share the experience with your followers
- Get additional facts and information via the 6 page companion booklet
- Use US Currency as an image marker if you are on the go or don’t have access to the booklet
Questions & Answers
What is Augmented Reality? Augmented Reality (AR) is the merging of a view of a digital content upon the real-world environment in real time.
How much does it cost? $1.99 USD.
What are some of the features of the App? 5 interactive AR scenes. Free booklet. Tweet screens shots from the App.
What devices and platforms will you support? iOS is the only platform that will be supported at launch. Supported devices are: iPhone 4+, iPad2+, iPod Touch Gen 4+.
Is Experience Mars be available on the Android platform? No, but we are developing the App with Unity 3D, which makes publishing to the Android platform is a possibility.read more